The Big Picture
Our team pioneers advanced technologies with our core values as the guideposts.
Leading the Way
Valley Tech Systems, Inc., is an innovative engineering company that is leading the way in controllable solid propulsion and open architecture airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) technologies. Our cutting-edge systems and services address compelling U.S. government and industry priorities. We are a privately held company founded in 2007 with headquarters in Folsom, CA, an ISR systems office in Dayton, OH, and a propulsion development facility in Reno, NV.
Commitment to Core Values
In providing customer-first engineering that focuses on solutions, we are committed to the following core values, which are the hallmarks or our approach:
- Customer success, which drives every aspect of our organization
- Innovation and agility, which are embedded in our culture
- Ego-less partnerships – with government customers, industry teammates, small businesses and universities – which deliver the right solutions
We are committed to meeting the high standards that the federal government requires for security, accounting and quality management. Our certifications and registrations include:
- Defense Contract Audit Agency-audited accounting system
- ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System
- Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) registration, code
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) registration as an engineering service company, code 541330, as well as codes 325920, 336414, 336415, 541511 and 541715 for manufacturing, computer programming services and research and development
Collaboration with the government, industry and academia is key to the way we do business. Through partnerships, we discover the solutions needed by our customers and inspire commitment to achieving them.
- Government: We collaborate closely with the U.S. Department of Defense (including the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Missile Defense Agency) and NASA to develop needed technology solutions.
- Industry: We work hand-in-hand with prime contractors, other aerospace and defense companies and suppliers to deliver the solutions the government needs.
- Universities: We value the contributions of academic researchers to the nation’s security.
Open Business Model
“Our industry collaboration and open business model set us apart. By working closely with customers and partners, we develop solutions that are the most responsive to customer needs.”
– Mike O’Brien, President
Mike has led Valley Tech Systems since 2013 and has evolved the company’s capabilities. His background includes executive leadership, program management and engineering. Passion: understanding expectations and meeting commitments.
Russ CarlsonVice President, Aerospace Division
Russ founded Valley Tech Systems in 2007 and leads the maturation of controllable solid propulsion. His background includes experience in executive leadership, engineering and product development. Passion: next-gen technologies.
Ragan WilkinsonChief Technology Officer
Ragan has led the ISR technology vision at Valley Tech Systems since 2013. His background includes SIGINT and multi-INT research, systems and software engineering, and product management. Passions: advanced technology, open architectures and Agile development.
Rob PiersonVice President, ISR Engineering
Rob joined Valley Tech Systems in 2019. His background includes systems engineering and radio frequency engineering. Passions: ISR systems for manned and unmanned aircraft.
Lee DealVice President, ISR Division
Lee joined Valley Tech Systems in 2021. His background includes experience in executive leadership, program management, engineering, and product development. Passion: Advancing new technologies into products.
Robert GarciaChief Financial Officer
Robert joined Valley Tech Systems in 2021 and leads the company's Finance and Business Operations. His background includes executive leadership, project management and operations in the A&D industry. Passions: continuous learning and moving ideas from concept to realization.