The Big Picture
Leading the Way
Commitment to Core Values
- Customer success, which drives every aspect of our organization
- Innovation and agility, which are embedded in our culture
- Ego-less partnerships – with government customers, industry teammates, small businesses and universities – which deliver the right solutions
We are committed to meeting the high standards that the federal government requires for security, accounting and quality management. Our certifications and registrations include:
- Defense Contract Audit Agency-audited accounting system
- AS9100 certified Quality Management System
- Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) registration, code
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) registration as an engineering service company, code 541330, as well as codes 325920, 336414, 336415, 541511 and 541715 for manufacturing, computer programming services and research and development
- Government: We collaborate closely with the U.S. Department of Defense (including the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Missile Defense Agency) and NASA to develop needed technology solutions.
- Industry: We work hand-in-hand with prime contractors, other aerospace and defense companies and suppliers to deliver the solutions the government needs.
- Universities: We value the contributions of academic researchers to the nation’s security.
Open Business Model
“Our industry collaboration and open business model set us apart. By working closely with customers and partners, we develop solutions that are the most responsive to customer needs.”
– Mike O’Brien, President
Mike O’BrienCEO & President
Mike has led Valley Tech Systems since 2013 and has evolved the company’s capabilities. His background includes executive leadership, program management and engineering. Passion: understanding expectations and meeting commitments.
Russ CarlsonAerospace Chief Technology Officer & Strategy
Russ founded Valley Tech Systems in 2007 and leads the maturation of controllable solid propulsion. His background includes experience in executive leadership, engineering and product development. Passion: next-gen technologies.
Ragan WilkinsonISR Chief Technology Officer & Strategy
Ragan has led the ISR technology vision at Valley Tech Systems since 2013. His background includes SIGINT and multi-INT research, systems and software engineering, and product management. Passions: advanced technology, open architectures and Agile development.
Rob PiersonVice President, Engineering
Rob joined Valley Tech Systems in 2019. His background includes systems engineering and radio frequency engineering. Passions: ISR systems for manned and unmanned aircraft.
Lee DealVice President, ISR Division
Lee joined Valley Tech Systems in 2021. His background includes experience in executive leadership, program management, engineering, and product development. Passion: Advancing new technologies into products.
Robert GarciaChief Financial Officer
Robert joined Valley Tech Systems in 2021 and leads the company's Finance and Business Operations. His background includes executive leadership, project management and operations in the A&D industry. Passions: continuous learning and moving ideas from concept to realization.
Marshall CousineauVice President, Aerospace Division
Marshall joined Valley Tech Systems in 2022. His background includes experience in executive leadership, program management, engineering, product development, and production of rockets, missiles, and guided projectiles. Passion: mentor and inspire team members to maximize their potential.